If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best wedge for high handicappers is then we’d recommend the Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge.
When it comes to selecting the best wedge, you need to consider how familiar you are with the game. If you are a novice, you should maybe choose from a selection of starter wedges to fill the gaps in your bag. You should search for the club that will give your game the best opportunity to grow and develop consistency.
Here are the five wedges we’ll be reviewing
Below are some of the best wedges for high handicappers, along with the pros and cons of these products.
Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge
The Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge lets you customize your club by hand orientation, shaft material, and degree of loft. Made with either steel or graphite, you can configure the club with degrees of loft starting at 46 degrees up to 60 degrees. Each club comes with a wide sole and cavity back design. The club head also has precision balance for complete control and a comfortable feel.
The weight is more towards the centerline of the club face and its rotex technology helps to increase the loft. The shaft uses true temper dynamic golf steel, or rotex graphite which allows the club to be lighter weight. This wedge also features zip groove lines help to maximize the spin you put on each ball.
The Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge is also available for women in many different degrees of loft. CLICK HERE FOR PRICE
- Features a wide sole and cavity back design.
- Repositioned club face weight towards the perimeters of the head.
- Fully customizable.
- Ladies flex option available.
- Uses Cleveland balancing technology that allows each swing to feel smooth.
- Offers maximum spin and complete short game control.
- The back of the club head may be too heavy for some golfers.
- Not cost-effective.
The Pinemeadow Wedge comes with each type of wedge you need to start playing at the top of your game. You can select the hand orientation and four different club configurations including, 60, 64, and 68 degree wedges. Each loft will help you hop, skip, and jump on different parts of the green. Made with quality steel, the shaft is 125 grams and will give you a low to mid-level kick point.
The wedges feature a wide sole and narrow design towards the toe for better control on level surfaces. They also come with “U” groove technology that helps scoop the ball.
These are a great option for beginners and high handicappers since they also meet the USGA guidelines for tournament participation.
- Very cost-effective set for higher handicap golfers.
- Includes various wedges with different degree options.
- Features high-quality steel.
- “U” groove design allows you to scoop the ball.
- Wide sole and narrower toe provides complete control.
- Each club meets the USGA guidelines for tournament use.
- The clubs may be too heavy for some golfers.
- The heads can snap off with too much force.
Wilson Harmonized Golf Wedge
The Wilson Harmonized Golf Wedge is a good place to start for high handicappers. You can order the club with different degrees of loft: 52 and 56. This club has always been a popular option that makes it easy to customize your game.
Made with solid steel, the wedge has an elegant polish finish and a classic blade design. The tempering of the steel helps the club perform smoothly and consistently. You can use the face of this wedge to hit slow, high arcs with greater accuracy because of the sole grind.
This club design gives you plenty of flexibility wherever you are on the green. The Wilson Harmonized Golf Wedge is also available for women as a fifty-six degree, and sixty degree: CLICK HERE FOR PRICE
- Effective club in sand traps.
- Features a 12 degree of bounce.
- Classic blade design, which is perfect for learning with.
- Great quality, cost-effective club.
- Women’s option available.
- Offers plenty of flexibility and forgiveness around the green.
- The club can scratch easily with consistent use.
LAZRUS Premium Forged Golf Wedge Set
The LAZRUS Premium Forged Golf Wedge is a set that you can use for right and left-handed golfers. The set comes with a large selection of clubs featuring 52 through 60 degrees of loft. They are perfect for beginners and high handicappers because they come with a forged, milled face that works well for all skill levels.
When available, you can order the clubs in different colors from bright, shiny steel to gunmetal black. These clubs feature an average length for wedges at around thirty-five inches long with an enhanced grip as well.
The clubs can give you around eight to twelve degrees of bounce. And they also meet the guidelines for use in USGA tournaments.
- Wedges are USGA approved for tournaments.
- Great quality option for the price.
- Large selection of clubs available.
- Produces a degree of bounce from eight to twelve.
- Forged and milled face gives a lot of forgiveness.
- Usable club for all levels of golfers.
- The clubs finish can start coming off with normal use and certain types of cleaners.
Texan Classics Gun Metal Wedge Set
The Texan Classics Gun Metal Wedges are a set of three clubs that give you a loft of 52, 56, and 60 degrees. The average bounce will be within a range of eight degrees up to twelve. This set is a cost-effective way to get your game off the ground with some high quality clubs.
These clubs have stainless steel heads that come with a finishing coat of gun metal. This will ensure the glare from the club does not interfere with your game. In addition to the gun metal finish, the set includes steel shafts and all-weather grips to preserve the quality of the wedges.
The large club face features legal grooves that promote lift and extra forgiveness. They are lightweight and easy to use for all levels of golfers.
- Comes with a gunmetal finish to reduce glare.
- Features steel shafts and all-weather grips.
- Gives an ideal amount of bounce between eight and twelve degrees.
- Very cost-effective clubs.
- A 52, 56, and 60 degree wedge is included.
- Forged feel stainless steel club heads.
- The finish can start to flake off after multiple rounds.
- Some golfers may not like the style.
It is not uncommon to have multiple wedges in your bag to hit from multiple distances and the sand traps. You may need to have a couple options for your game. From the list above of the best wedge for high handicappers, our choice is the Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge.
The Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge lets you select everything you want to make the club perform exactly how you need it to. The Cleveland lets you choose the degree of loft, hand orientation, and the material of your shaft, choosing either steel or graphite. These choices will take your game to the next level.
What are the main features of the best wedge for high handicappers?
Type Of Wedge
The type of wedge you buy should reflect the distances you generally need to cover. Many types of wedges will give you different levels of loft and landing bounce.
A pitching wedge is close to being an iron because of its ability to get your ball up when you are chipping or sending bump and run shots. A lot of players never buy a pitching wedge because it often comes with a regular set of irons. It is usually a wedge added for a developing novice or someone with particular golfing needs.
A gap wedge is a good club to use when you have to get your ball out of a sand trap. This wedge will produce the launch you need to get out of a sand trap and back onto the green.
A sand wedge is a must for any golfer’s bag. They come with a larger head to help propel the ball out of sand traps. The design of this wedge can help in rougher terrain because you can quickly get the ball up to a specific height and distance better than most other wedge options. The lift applied to the ball will also add more spin, so use it wisely.
A Lob Wedge will give your ball more loft than the sand wedge, but will not give you the distance. The lob wedge is perfect for shorter shots. A lob wedge can give you enough height to cover up to sixty yards and a reasonable amount of bounce when landing on the green.
The degrees of loft for wedges start at forty-five degrees, and you can select a handful of wedges to help you get the right angle you need. The most common variety of game improvement wedges in a bag are fifty-two, fifty-six, and sixty-degree clubs. This wide range lets you fulfill most needs when moving your ball across the green.