If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best starter set of golf clubs are then we’d recommend the Wilson Complete Golf Set.
Starter golf clubs should give you that extra forgiveness to improve your game. Don’t worry because there are many beginner golf sets on the market with variations of cost, quality, and clubs.
Here are the six golf club sets we’ll be reviewing
Below are some of the best starter sets of golf clubs, along with the pros and cons of these products.
Wilson Complete Golf Set
The Wilson Complete Golf Set is one of the best choices available for a beginning golfer. This option comes with a complete set of clubs and a lightweight golf bag to carry them in.
The Wilson set features a 460cc titanium matrix driver with an oversized club head. Its low CG (center of gravity) can add extra force to your shots as well. The other woods and irons are stainless steel and promote better accuracy and distance.
A weighted putter is included with enhanced alignment and a soft padded hand grip. Depending on your preference, you can fully customize this set to your liking.
- Oversized driver head offers more forgiveness.
- Different cost-effective options.
- Stainless steel irons feature very low CG (center of gravity).
- Lightweight, premium carry bag included.
- Fully customizable.
- Weighted putter design allows total control.
- You can dent or scratch the driver with fast swing speeds.
Confidence Golf Power V3 Golf Clubs Set
The Confidence Golf Power V3 Golf Clubs Set features a sleek set of irons six through nine, a driver, hybrid, pitching wedge, and putter. All the clubs come fitted with all-weather grips and steel shafts.
The set’s 460cc alloy driver has a ten degree loft with a wide club face for extra forgiveness. The hybrid also features a twenty four degree loft which can provide better launches and consistency on difficult shots. The thirty five inch blade putter is also capable of controlling longer puts and delicate taps around the green.
The reinforced golf bag includes dual padded carrying straps and pop up legs. It also has several large pockets for storage and rain cover.
- Each club fitted with steel shafts and all-weather grips.
- Cost-effective club set.
- Reinforced golf bag features dual carrying straps for easy transport.
- The 460cc alloy driver has an oversized club face.
- Very forgiving golf clubs.
- Driver head cover included.
- Pop up legs on the bag aren’t sturdy.
- Club heads can loosen and break off with excessive force.
Callaway STRATA Women’s Golf Packaged Set
The Callaway Strata Women’s Golf Packaged Set comes as an eleven-piece, fourteen-piece, or sixteen-piece package. The set comes with an authentic looking quality carrying bag that will ensure you get your clubs around the course safely. The bag includes a backpack strap system and is available in four different color ways: gold, pink, purple, and teal.
This package includes a fairway wood, one or two hybrid clubs, and one of the best clone drivers you will find. The lightweight, titanium-enhanced driver features a graphite shaft and large club face sweet spot for extra distance and forgiveness.
Depending on the package you choose, you will receive a specific combination of stainless steel irons, a pitching wedge, and a sand wedge. A mallet putter also comes weighted with precise face milling to help give your golf ball force and accuracy behind every swing.
- Very popular golf set.
- Head covers included with driver, wood, and hybrids.
- Many different customizable options available.
- Lightweight, titanium-enhanced driver.
- Bag features a backpack strap system.
- Premium weighted mallet putter.
- Either stainless steel or graphite shafts, depending on the club.
- Club heads can loosen with consistent usage.
Aspire Golf 19 Piece Complete Package Set
The Aspire Golf 19 Piece Complete Package Set lets you choose the option of ordering the clubs for right hand tall size +1 or regular size.
The set comes with an adjustable titanium driver, a three wood, a three, four, and five hybrid, and irons six through nine. A pitching wedge and sand wedge are also included. All of these clubs come in a deluxe stand bag with five protective head covers.
The design of the premium V6 (variable control) shafted woods, and precision rifle shafted irons help produce more consistent launches and distances. Even the shaft grips are made of enhanced and durable multi-material. The woods also come with oversized club heads that help you strike the ball easier.
- Driver has a large sweet spot.
- Includes a pitching wedge and sand wedge.
- Deluxe stand bag features a double shoulder strap.
- Offers a tall size +1 for larger golfers.
- Precision rifle shafted irons help with consistent launches and distances.
- Very forgiving clubs.
- More expensive set of golf clubs because of the extra pieces.
Precise M5 Complete Golf Club Package Set
The Precise M5 Complete Golf Club Package Set lets you pick the hand orientation and offers a tall +1 right-handed size. This set features a 460cc driver and comes with everything else you need to start playing.
Included are stainless steel irons five through nine, a hybrid, and a three wood. The driver, hybrid, and three wood feature oversized heads that offer proper balance and a lot of forgiveness. These clubs also come with matching head covers for their protection.
This set includes a quality carrying bag with legs that pop out for extra support. The pockets are also large and spacious for carrying extra golf balls, tees, and any other equipment.
The Precise M5 Complete Golf Club Package Set is also available for lady golfers: CHECK PRICE HERE
- Stainless steel irons help with longevity and durability.
- Deluxe bag features a double shoulder strap and has plenty of pocket space.
- Weighted putter design gives you exceptional aim and control.
- Driver has a large sweet spot.
- Offers a tall +1 size for larger golfers.
- Quality cost-effective golf set.
- Driver’s head can loosen with too much force.
- Does not come with a sand wedge.
Callaway STRATA Complete Package Set
The Callaway STRATA Complete Package Set comes with everything you need to go out on the course. Included is a driver, three wood, five hybrid, and irons six through nine. The set also includes a pitching wedge, putter, carrying bag, and multiple head covers.
The 460cc driver has a large sweet spot which provides more forgiveness while you continue to learn the game. The driver also features a specially crafted titanium club head to add weight to your swing and distance to the ball.
This set has an aerodynamic three wood and five hybrid that provide the same amount of forgiveness as the driver. The pitching wedge, putter, and iron set are all stainless steel crafted for long-term use and more forgiveness. The putter’s head shape can also assist with easier alignment and accuracy.
- Very simple in design but sturdy.
- Irons are cavity backs and reduce sidespin.
- Comes with a bag that is the perfect weight for starters.
- Driver features a large sweet spot club face.
- Three wood and five hybrid provide a lot of forgiveness.
- Driver club head can dent with too much force.
- Callaway logo is not displayed on the bag or clubs.
While being a beginner can be hard, there are still many options for you. The right set of starter clubs can make a huge difference in how much you enjoy the game and continue to improve. Of all the options above, our choice is the Wilson Complete Golf Set.
The Wilson Golf Package has everything you need. The clubs feature oversized club heads and large sweet spots that are perfect for more forgiveness. Its 460cc titanium matrix driver also has low CG (center of gravity) technology that will provide consistent accuracy and distance.
What are the main features of the best starter set of golf clubs?
You may have up to fourteen different clubs in your golf bag. These are most often a driver, two fairway woods, a hybrid, seven irons, two wedges, and a putter. More specifically, a sand wedge is not always included in a beginner golf set, but it could be a great addition to your bag in the future.
Graphite or Steel Shafts
The set will come with two different types of shafts depending on the club. Your driver will most often have a graphite shaft which promotes more flexibility and forgiveness. There are also drivers made with stainless steel, but this tends to be heavier and less forgiving to beginner golfers.
Driver And Wedge Loft
For drivers, a loft around ten degrees is standard and should be a good place to start. Depending on your swing speed, you can adjust the degree of loft to fit your game.
Many wedges in a set can be between forty-seven and sixty-two degrees of loft. The greater that angle, the more loft you will have. A wide range of wedges lets you fulfill most needs when moving your ball on the green.
The price of a starter set of golf clubs depends on the manufacturer. Most of the time, a good starter set should not exceed five hundred dollars, especially if you are just starting out.
Regardless of price, make sure the clubs will give you a fair amount of forgiveness to perform at your best. Even the most expensive golf clubs will not help if you are not prepared to improve.