If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what one of the best hybrids for high handicappers is then we’d recommend the Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid.
If you didn’t know already, a hybrid is a combination of an iron and a wood. This club is a great option for improving your game because of its ability to give a ball better loft and speed. Hybrids can be fantastic assets to any high handicappers golf bag.
Here are the six hybrid golf clubs we’ll be reviewing
Below are some of the best hybrids for high handicappers, along with the pros and cons of these products.
Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid
The Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid lets you choose the hand orientation and type of flex your game requires, including light, regular, and stiff. When available, the club can come in a configuration between three and six. With each type of hybrid combination, you will have a different degree of loft.
This club makes it easier for you to strike the ball with speed and distance. The face cup design combined with jailbreak technology helps control the ball as you send it flying. The cup also helps with turf interactions so that you can have greater accuracy with any type of lie.
- Compact and comfortable to use.
- Allows you to control the loft and angle of your hits.
- Redesigned face cup lets you easily lift the ball.
- Features jailbreak technology.
- Club head provides good balance with the right amount of weight.
- Very durable, high quality option.
- Could be more forgiving.
- May be expensive for high handicappers and beginners.
Cleveland Golf Launcher HB Hybrid
The Cleveland Golf Launcher HB Hybrid is a sleek silver and black club. Designed to give your game maximum forgiveness, you can expect long, clean shots.
The club head is hollow with a steel face that gives you a very wide area to strike the ball down the course. It also features a hiBore crown that helps with a better launch on impact.
The hybrid uses progressive hollow shaping for even more forgiveness. It also consists of a unique flex-fin design that allows you to scoop up the ball with the right degree of loft.
- Gives you the power for further distances.
- Very forgiving on inaccurate swings.
- You will notice how smooth the club is to swing.
- Great for shots out of the rough.
- Fantastic for replacing some of the lower number irons in your golf bag.
- Cost-effective option.
- May be too short for some golfers.
- Soft for golfers with faster swing speeds.
TaylorMade Women’s Kalea Golf Hybrid
The TaylorMade Women’s Kalea Golf Hybrid lets you choose hand orientation and the degree of loft, either twenty-two or twenty-six degrees. The club head features an enhanced design that includes a speed pocket which helps lift the ball and give it pace.
This hybrid has a low CG (center of gravity) and graphite shaft construction. Its slim-tech shaft allows this club to be lightweight and produce faster swing speeds. The shallow profile also promotes higher launches with a limited amount of spin.
Elegant detailing on the club head and face help with improved alignment for the perfect shot. This hybrid is special because it comes from the first complete line of women’s clubs from TaylorMade.
- Very forgiving for speed and angles.
- Club shaft is sturdy and durable graphite.
- Updated speed pocket helps you lift your ball with the right degree of loft.
- Cost-effective option.
- Features slim-tech shaft design.
- Club head detailing for better alignment.
- Club face can scratch with consistent use.
Cobra King F9 SpeedBack Hybrid Golf Club
The Cobra King F9 SpeedBack Hybrid Golf Club lets you pick your hand orientation and degree of flex with the choices of senior, regular, and stiff. The club comes with four hundred fifty-five forged stainless steel manufacturing made to absorb and increase the speed of your ball across the course.
The Cobra comes with re-designed baffler rails that use shallow or steep configurations depending on the degree of loft you need. The club offers a wide range of forgiveness from any lie on the course.
You will see huge drag reduction using this hybrid because of its low CG (center of gravity). The club has interchangeable weight positions with low and back balances that help you make each shot fly for maximum distance and forgiveness.
- Great option for beginners and high handicappers.
- Crown is multi-directional and provides quality forgiveness.
- Features a re-designed baffler rail system.
- Stainless steel manufacturing increases speed and distance.
- Interchangeable weight position technology.
- Completely customizable club.
- Might feel heavier to some golfers.
TaylorMade RBZ Rescue Hybrid
The TaylorMade RBZ Rescue Hybrid lets you choose hand orientation and the degree of flex, either regular, stiff, or senior. You can select your club’s configuration of a three, four, and five. The club head features an updated design that includes a speed pocket which helps lift the ball and give it pace.
Similar to the TaylorMade Women’s Kalea, the club has a shallow profile with a low center of gravity that gives your ball a higher launch with a limited amount of spin. This hybrid has a satiny black finish that protects it from damage as well as reduces glare.
Standard detailing on the club head and face help with improved alignment for the perfect shot. The club shaft also consists of sturdy graphite.
- Club face has a very large sweet spot, making it easier to use.
- Lightweight graphite shaft.
- Low CG (center of gravity) offers solid forgiveness.
- New speed pocket provides extra force to the ball.
- Very cost-effective.
- Easy customization options available.
- May be too light for some golfers.
- Club’s configuration has made it harder to hit for some golfers.
Tour Edge Bazooka Platinum Golf Hybrid
The Tour Edge Bazooka Platinum Golf Hybrid is a very cost-effective club that you can customize. This club can give you the degree loft from twenty degrees up to fifty-four degrees. You can also choose the specific shaft for your playing style.
The club uses a tungsten sole to add weight to the hollow hyper-steel club head. This sole gives the club more forgiveness. The hybrid’s club head also has a thin forged crown that weighs twenty-grams.
Its club face features a unique three-bar design which helps provide extra durability and force on every hit.
- Helps with better consistency on longer shots.
- Oversized club face gives you exceptional forgiveness.
- Weighted club head provides ideal force behind your shots.
- Very cost-effective club.
- Durable and usable for all types of golfers.
- Plenty of loft choices available.
- Grip could be better.
- Graphite shaft could be longer for some golfers.
Picking the right hybrid can take time. No matter what your skill level is or what you need to improve, our choice of the best hybrids for high handicappers is the Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid. This is a great club to start with.
The Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid is a good choice for your bag because the club promotes amazing speed and distance. It also delivers exceptional accuracy. This hybrid is great for golfers that want flexibility and strength.
What are the main features of the best hybrids for high handicappers?
Sole Weight And Design
A good sole reduces the amount of twist and spin on the club when you mis-hit the ball. If a hybrid design is more like an iron, then the bottom will be flatter with a rounding club head shape. A benefit to this design can make you less likely to dig into the turf on a bad swing.
A hybrid that features a larger back contains special weight distribution that can help produce more momentum and force. The shape of the club head should still have a sleek bottom that lets you glide the club over the ground.
Large Club Face
A larger club face offers a lot of forgiveness, which can be essential for high handicappers and beginners. More forgiveness means your swing can be less than perfect and still produce a quality shot. While it is nice to always hit the ball in the center of the club face, this can be difficult to consistently do. The more forgiveness, the better.
Most hybrids come with a graphite shaft. Graphite is a very flexible, and durable material. Graphite shafts are not as heavy as steel shafts and this can help you to increase your swing speed.
Lightweight, graphite shafts are perfect for anyone learning the game or playing with a higher handicap. When using this type of shaft, you will notice less vibrations from impact when you hit a golf ball.
The angle of the club face translates the degree of loft. The greater the loft, the higher trajectory the ball will have and the shorter it will travel. The back weight of a hybrid club head can also help the force transmitted through the club produce fast, long arcs to your ball.
Higher loft can assist in getting your ball over specific obstacles on the course. Grooves added to the club face can also help produce the right amount of lift and spin. These grooves are necessary when playing in wet conditions, where water might make the ball slide off a club face.