If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best golf travel bag for airlines is then we’d recommend the SKB Deluxe Standard Hard Plastic Travel Bag.
There are many heavy-duty golf travel bags on the market, but how do you know which is good quality? There are a few things you should look for that can make the bag you choose a great option for the long-term.
Here are the six golf travel bags we’ll be reviewing
Below are some of the best golf travel bags for airlines, along with the pros and cons of these products.
SKB Deluxe Standard Hard Plastic Travel Bag
The SKB Deluxe Standard Hard Plastic Travel Bag features a polyethylene reinforced shell. Its inner casing will easily keep your golf clubs secure and safe while you travel.
The bag can hold clubs that measure up to 48 inches in length. It comes with a molded design and ISA locking system that exceeds the ATA (shipping container specification) category one manufacturing requirements for security. The seal is airtight to prevent dirt, moisture, and dust from getting in on your clubs.
What separates this golf bag is the million-mile guarantee and lifetime warranty in case of any problems or damages sustained during use. It also comes with a $1,500 club coverage. Overall, the SKB travel bag is perfect for anyone needing a heavy-duty case for a significant amount of travel.
- Features extra padding for your club heads.
- Airtight seal prevents any dirt, moisture, or dust particles from entering.
- Fits clubs up to 48 inches in length.
- Cost-effective option for the quality of bag.
- Hinges have reinforcements for long-lasting durability.
- Offers lifetime warranties and insurance.
- Wheels can break with improper use.
- Case may be too small for longer some clubs.
CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Bag
The CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 is a travel-ready golf case. This bag comes with extra reinforcement to help keep your clubs safe and secure. Built with internal and external compression straps, your clubs will remain immobile inside this golf travel bag.
The bag uses 1800D denier construction, which is three times the thickness of a regular travel case. Around the inner frame is heavy-duty padding that protects the shafts and club heads. It also comes with in-line skate wheels for easy rolling when it may be too heavy to carry.
Built to accommodate 10 inch cart bags, the CaddyDaddy comes with heavy-duty lockable zippers. The zippers are reinforced with the ability to hold TSA security locks for extra reliability. This bag also features two large pockets for storing extra equipment.
- Lightweight design should not add to checked baggage costs.
- High quality, cost-effective option.
- Zippers are large, making it easy to open and shut.
- Comes with two locking straps that prevent everything from moving around.
- Easily accommodates larger cart bags.
- In-line skate wheels allow effortless rolling.
- Bottom of the bag contains plastic, which can crack.
- The seams of the bags can tear if overloaded.
Athletico Padded Golf Travel Bag
The Athletico Padded Golf Travel Bag is a reinforced 600D polyester case. Built with extra padding to protect your golf clubs, this bag has five-millimeter thick padding around the entire frame to ensure nothing takes damage.
The bag features comfortable neoprene carrying straps that are velcro, with extra padding around the shoulders. If you set the bag down, it has four protective feet to keep the vinyl bottom off the ground. The zippers are heavy-duty, all-metal hardware which makes it easier to open and close. There is also reinforced stitching around these zippers so you won’t need to worry about seams tearing.
- Longer clubs can fit in this travel bag.
- Reinforced stitching around the zippers promotes higher quality.
- Lightweight enough to carry through the airport without strain.
- Extra padding protects the entirety of your golf clubs.
- More cost-effective than other options on the market.
- Foldable frame makes this bag easy to store.
- Does not come with wheels.
- Larger golf bags will cause wear on the carrying straps.
Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Bag
The Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Bag features an ABS hard shell carrying case. The hard plastic shell and padded, quilted interior prevents your clubs from damage during travel.
This case comes with extra foam cushioning that wraps around your club heads to keep them from moving around. Internal compression straps are also inside to completely secure the golf clubs during transport. Golf bags measuring up to 10 and a half inches and clubs measuring up to 48 inches in length are able to fit.
Made with denier polyester material, the case is ergonomically designed with side handles so you can comfortably carry it. The top and bottom of the case comes with rubber reinforcement to help provide shock protection for sudden bumps or falls.
Four multi-directional spinner wheels let you maneuver the case in all directions. It also features two in-line skate wheels that help you push or pull the case in a single direction.
- Swiveling wheels make maneuvering the case easy.
- Three different color ways available.
- Outer casing is hard plastic and durable.
- Lightweight design, so it should not add to baggage check fees.
- Side handles provide a comfortable carrying option.
- Oversized interior allows you to store extra equipment.
- The wheels can break off with excessive force.
- Not as cost-effective as other options on the market.
Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian Travel Bag
The Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian Travel Bag is available in six different color ways including black, green, red, cobalt, navy, and grey. This travel-ready golf case is unique in its design because it features a retractable leg mechanism that allows you to comfortably roll the bag at a tilt.
As you can see, two in-line wheels and two pivoting wheels are built-in which makes it simple when pushing or pulling the case around. This bag uses heavy-duty, two-way zippers for easier loading and unloading. The inner frame also features heavy-duty padding that protects the shafts and heads of the clubs.
The outer frame has two cinch straps that guarantee your golf bag is safe and secure. Built to accommodate larger cart bags, the case features vinyl-reinforced material that promotes long lasting durability. Overall, this certainly one of the best travel bags on the market.
- Six different color ways available.
- Retractable leg mechanism allows the bag to roll at a titled angle.
- Inner frame consist of extra padding.
- Features heavy-duty, two-way zippers for easier loading/unloading.
- One of the highest quality bags on the market.
- Two cinch straps guarantee your bag stays safe and secure.
- Design may not be for all golfers.
- Not cost-effective.
Club Champ Golf Travel Bag
The Club Champ Golf Travel Bag is a lightweight case made with heavy-duty polyester. Its construction of built-in padding prevents your clubs from moving around. This golf bag also has in-line wheels that help you easily transport through airports.
The bag comes with heavy-duty zippers and includes extra pockets for storing your golf shoes and other equipment. The base has reinforcement and the wheels are built in to prevent them from breaking off or getting caught.
Protective skid rails on the bottom side help prevent damage from dragging. There are extra hooks attached to the frame so you can carry it with an adjustable, padded shoulder sling. And, the bag is also collapsible for storage.
- Easily fold up the golf bag for convenient storage.
- Most cost-effective option on the list.
- Features two built-in rolling wheels that should not break off or snag on the ground.
- Lightweight and comfortable to travel with.
- Includes protective skid rails on the bottom side.
- Comes with extra padding at the top to protect club heads and shafts.
- Zipper could be more sturdy.
- Carrying straps can wear down quickly.
Traveling is fun, and taking your golf clubs can make a good experience, great. This is why having a trust-worthy travel bag is important. From the best golf travel bag for airlines list above, our choice is the SKB Deluxe Standard Hard Plastic Travel Bag.
The SKB Deluxe Standard Hard Plastic Travel Bag is a high-quality, heavy-duty golf bag. With reinforced polyethylene and reinforced wheel casing, there is nothing this bag can’t handle when it comes to travel. The included million mile guarantee and lifetime warranty will help if there are ever issues.
What are the main features for the best golf travel bag for airlines?
Hard Or Soft Shell?
Both hard and soft shell bags can work to protect your clubs for travel. In order for softer cases to be effective, you may need extra support casing around the frame to help prevent the clubs from taking any damage. Polyethylene is a common manufacturing material that reinforces cases and provides extra stability during travel.
High-Quality Zippers And Latches
High-quality zippers and latches are a must when looking for a quality travel bag. Without reinforced zippers, golf bags can easily break during transport. They should also come with extra sturdy locking handles that will prevent it from opening.
Compression Straps Or Foam
Compression straps will stabilize your clubs inside a golf bag. The straps should consist of heavy-duty materials that keep the clubs from moving around during transport. You can also use heavy-duty molded foam that will wrap around the club heads.
Common problems with golf travel bags sometimes involve the wheels either breaking or the wheel wells not having enough reinforcement. Most types of wheels and wheel wells will be high-quality plastic. You should always check the design and determine if they could break off or cave in with regular use.
Not all types of bags come with carrying straps. This most often comes with a softer travel bag. Carrying straps give you a different option for transport when you aren’t using wheels. Try to inspect the places where the straps attach and look for double stitching.
Quality carrying handles can assist in transporting a heavy golf travel bag. Most types of cases come with carrying handles. Polyethylene or polyester usually reinforces high quality carrying handles.