If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best golf bag for your money is then we’d recommend the Callaway Golf Chev Stand Bag.
If you are looking for a new golf bag you should first, know the size you need for the number of clubs you have. Also, quality and durability are key so you won’t need to go searching for a new bag after a couple of outings.
Here are the five golf bags we’ll be reviewing
Below are some of the best golf bags for your money, along with the pros and cons of these products.
Callaway Golf Chev Stand Bag
The Callaway Golf Chev Stand Bag comes in various color combinations with new X-shaped, padded carrying straps for easier transport. This bag features six pockets and five dividers for your extra equipment and clubs. It also comes with foldout legs for better balance.
The bag’s design makes it easy to carry oversized clubs without them shaking around. The carrying straps are detachable so that you can replace them if needed. The bag also features a rainproof cover to prevent any moisture from getting inside.
- Foldout legs allow the bag to stand while you hit your golf ball.
- Very cost-effective option.
- Features six pockets and five club dividers.
- Multiple exterior handles give you easy carrying options.
- Includes rainproof cover.
- X-shaped carrying straps come with a padded design.
- Fold out legs could be a little sturdier.
- Pocket stitching is average quality.
TaylorMade Golf 8.0 Cart Bag
The TaylorMade Golf 8.0 Cart Bag lets you pick from a variety of colors featuring blue, white, red, charcoal, and navy. This bag comes with seven different pockets for carrying golf equipment and is capable of holding up to fourteen clubs. You can carry oversized putters in the bag as well.
Your clubs rest in individual full-length dividers to keep them separated and protected. It also includes a single-padded carrying strap for easier transport.
The top of the bag comes with a hood to keep the rain from entering onto your clubs. It consists of two reinforced handles that help with lifting the bag in and out of a car or golf cart. And, the frontside pocket is large enough to store a drink or two as you travel around the course.
- Carry up to fourteen clubs in individual full-length dividers.
- High quality, cost-effective option.
- Comes with a cover to keep out the rain.
- Includes a velour-lined pocket that can hold your valuables like a watch or phone.
- One of the newer bags on the market.
- Variety of color ways available.
- Bag design allows it to tip over easily.
Founders Club Premium Cart Bag
The Founders Club Premium Cart Bag comes in a handful of color combinations with a club divider top that protects and organizes your golf clubs. The top features specifically designed molds that keep the shafts separated. These molds also protect clubs with larger grips.
This bag is a high-quality construction that includes a reinforced top and bottom. The strap channel is firmly attached to your bag, so no need to worry about it breaking. It also comes with a cooler pocket that can carry at least one drink for your convenience.
Featuring nine zippered pockets, you can store tees, golf balls, and any other equipment you need for a round of golf. The bag even comes with an umbrella holder for those wet and soggy rounds you may have.
- Comes with a cold pocket for drinks.
- Top has a molded frame to securely hold all kinds of clubs.
- Handful of color way options to choose from.
- Includes a padded carrying strap for comfortable transport.
- Consists of nine zippered pockets.
- Popular, and cost-effective golf bag.
- Molded frame design may not work for all golfers.
Cobra Golf Ultralight Stand Bag
The Cobra Golf Ultralight Stand Bag is made of 100% polyester and consists of a five divider top side. This bag also comes with a quick-release X strap and hip pad that both feature cool flow foam for extra comfortability.
The bottom side comes with an easy-flex base that accommodates many standing positions. This bag comes in at a weight of 4.5 pounds, which is about 15 pounds less than an average bag’s weight.
Eight pockets help to store everything you need, including some fleece aligned pockets for valuables. It even comes with an insulated pocket to keep your beverages cool.
- Features an insulated pocket to keep drinks cool.
- X-straps and hip pad both come with cool flow foam.
- Top of the bag has a five divider design to help keep your clubs organized.
- Ultralight at a weight of 4.5 pounds.
- Easy-flex vase and offers extra balance.
- May feel too flimsy to some golfers.
- The straps may be too wide for narrow shoulders to carry.
PROSiMMON Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag
The PROSiMMON Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag comes in four different color combinations including red, blue, green, and gray. It has fourteen dividers for multiple sizes of clubs and plenty of pocket space for a round of golf.
The bag has an external tube that lets you store a putter by itself if you prefer. This tube is great for holding putters with larger club heads. You also get a velcro glove holder, a towel ring, and an external strap that can hold an umbrella.
The bag also features a fur-lined side pocket for carrying valuables and an insulated pocket for cold drinks.
- Very cost-effective, and popular option.
- Features a fur-lined side pocket and insulated pocket.
- Fourteen individual slots for different sizes of golf clubs.
- Different color combinations available.
- Easily carry an umbrella, towel, and glove with specially designed compartments for them.
- Includes a padded shoulder strap and rain cover.
- Zippers feel weak and can break.
- May be too bulky for some golfers.
Selecting the best golf bag means finding one that is durable, long-lasting, and has enough space for everything you may need for a round of golf. Of all the best golf bags for your money, our choice is the Callaway Golf Chev Stand Bag.
The Callaway Golf Chev Stand Bag comes with plenty of pocket space for anything you need. This bag has X-shaped, detachable shoulder straps and a rain cover to prevent any moisture from entering in. The most important part of the bag is the five-way divided top that can hold all of your clubs securely.
What are the main features of the best golf bag for your money?
There are plenty of low-quality bags on the market. They may look very nice on the outside, but after a couple rounds, you notice the stitching coming off the pockets, or they start failing to hold your various golf tools. Quality stitching is evident if you look closely at each pocket.
Double stitching should be on each pocket to help reinforce the design and ensure the durability. Remember to consistently check the carrying straps, as they take on the entire weight of the bag and will show the most strain.
Low-quality zippers break easily. You may be able to tell that a zipper is low-quality if it lacks the manufacturer’s logo imprinted on the metal. Not all logo-free zippers will fail, but they are more likely to with regular use.
The size of your bag is important for carrying the number of clubs you need. It seems obvious, but extra long clubs or ones with larger heads may require special bags to hold them securely.
The number of pockets depends on how many things you choose to carry. At minimum, you should have some small pockets for extra tees and golf balls. You may also want larger pockets to hold your golf shoes or an insulated one for a cold drink.
Extra pockets can also be used to carry an umbrella or gloves. Some golf manufacturers may even feature optional attachments you can add to a golf bag, such as an external case for carrying other items.
Your golf bag does not need legs to stand, but they are nice to have. It is much easier to pick a club out of a bag that’s standing with legs rather than one laying flat on the ground. Foldable legs should be durable plastic or metal that does not easily bend or twist.
The carrying strap for your bag can either be a single strap that hangs over your shoulder, or an X-strap that distributes the weight across both shoulders. While each type of strap has its benefits, try to consider which strap will be most helpful for you.
If you plan to carry at least fourteen clubs, you might consider the X-Strap to avoid back or shoulder strain. Extra padding and cushion in the right places can make transporting more comfortable.